- This event has passed.
Introduction to PET 2021 – ONLINE
May 24, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - May 25, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
An introduction to PET Physics, including the physical principles underpinning PET, quality control of PET scanners, common imaging procedures and radiation protection. We will look at issues surrounding image reconstruction, standardising image quality, common artefacts, and the use of PET in multi-centre trials. The course is designed to provide a basic core of knowledge for those supporting PET systems. The course has been designed with medical physicists (including STP trainees), senior technologists and senior radiographers in mind, but all are welcome.
There will be presentations on variations in hardware and software between the main manufacturers, given by healthcare professionals with first-hand experience.
- Understand the physical principles and technical aspects of PET imaging
- Understand QC requirements for PET/CT scanners and how to assess camera performance
- Develop knowledge and understanding of how to perform a variety of PET imaging procedures
- Develop knowledge and understanding of PET image QC and image artefacts
- Be aware of radiation protection requirements in PET
- Nuclear Medicine Physicists
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Nuclear Medicine Radiographers
To find out more and to register click here.