- This event has passed.
NCRI PRIME – Lessons learnt, new developments and urgent challenges in prostate cancer research
December 13, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
This session, co-chaired by Professor Hashim Ahmed from Imperial College London, and Dr Iain Frame, NCRI CEO, aims to identify what’s new in prostate cancer research in the UK, the key challenges that lie ahead and how we can apply past learnings to drive research in this area forward.
Hear from past NCRI Prostate Group Chair Professor Malcolm Mason who will be showcasing what was achieved and what difficulties he experienced and overcame during his time in post. This will be followed by a roundtable discussion where speakers will explore what’s new in prostate cancer research, and the urgent challenges still to be addressed. Topics of discussion will include biomarkers and early detection, interventions, trials methodology and biomarkers and big data, both from a health professional and patient/carer perspective. Speakers will also reflect on lessons learnt from the past, and how to apply these to guide the future of prostate cancer research.
By the end of the session, attendees will be better informed on the latest discoveries and opportunities in prostate cancer, what the main challenges are and how best to tackle these. They will be aware of the new strategic priorities of the NCRI Prostate Group, and the upcoming launch of the NCRI Prostate Network, with information about how to join and get involved in shaping the future of prostate cancer research.
- Dr Iain Frame – National Cancer Research Institute
- Professor Hashim Ahmed – Imperial College London
- Professor Emma Hall – Institute of Cancer Research
- Professor Rakesh Heer – Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Malcolm Mason – Cardiff University
- Mr Greg Shaw – University College London
- Dr Hayley Whitaker – University College London
- Dr Ann Henry – University of Leeds
- Mr Derek Price – NCRI Consumer Forum
To register click here.