This is the second meeting for the BIR, which brings together speakers from around the world and national experts too, to share experiences and expertise in a wide range of aspects for today’s cutting-edge radiotherapy and oncology. Planned as a blended, hybrid meeting (enabling both face-to-face and virtual attendance and presentation), the latest techniques, technologies, methods and hot-topics will be discussed in this comprehensive meeting taking place over two days. Renewed opportunities aplenty for networking with fellow professionals and discussing the latest offerings from manufacturers.
Parallel streams will be used to maximise the sessional opportunities, together with expert plenary talks focusing this year on
• Debate – X-rays or MR for on-treatment adaptive radiotherapy
• Panel Discussion – Role development and extension in modern radiotherapy and oncology
Keynote talks will headline the main sessions, and topic areas will include:
• Adaptive Radiotherapy
• MR Informed Radiotherapy
• SRS/SABR/Oligomets treatments
• Manufacturers presentations
• Patient voices
• Advances in Radiotherapy Treatment Planning
• Particle and other innovative treatments
• Regulation and Legislation
• Practice Changing Clinical Trials
• In practice discussions – Geometric Uncertainties, Radiobiology, On Target Two
• Optimising Resources – re-use/re-cycle/sustainability
• Worldwide Challenges in Radiotherapy
Expert teaching sessions will be held at the end of day one, and the start of day two, to provide targeted educational opportunities in areas such as Adaptive Radiotherapy, Challenging Radiotherapy Planning Cases and Brachytherapy.
View event programme here.
Abstract submission deadline: 5pm Sunday 9 January 2022