- This event has passed.
MRI Masterclass for the Diagnosis and Management of Prostate Cancer
September 24, 2021 - September 25, 2021
Learn everything you need to know about prostate MRI for the diagnosis and management of patients with prostate cancer on this two-day online course for urologists and other healthcare professionals.
The prostate cancer-management pathway is moving towards image-guided diagnosis and treatment. This course will provide interactive teaching from a world-renowned faculty in prostate MRI interpretation.
It will equip you to be able to use MRI in the management of patients with prostate cancer and run an image-guided service.
This year the course will be run virtually to widen access to potential participants during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Places are limited to 40 people. You’ll gain 12 CPD points.
This short course is run by staff at UCL and UCLH (University College London Hospital). It’s currently the only evidence-based course shown to improve urologists’ ability to interpret clinically significant prostate cancer on multiparametric MRI. (The team’s findings are published in their letter in the journal European Urology).
The course will cover the following:
- The importance of prostate MRI to the urologist
- Recognising prostate anatomy on MRI
- Identifying areas suspicious for prostate cancer on multi-parametric MRI
- How to use MRI to help guide management decisions in prostate cancer patients
- Contouring the prostate on MRI prior to MRI-targeted biopsy and treatments
- Using MRI imaging to guide prostate biopsy
The course now also includes:
- a dedicated expert planning session for robotic prostatectomy
- illustration on the use of MRI to plan focal therapy (e.g. HIFU, cryotherapy)
Who this course is for
This course is for healthcare professionals, including:
- urological consultants and trainees
For more details and to register click here.