Join us for an online training workshop designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to nuclear medicine in oncology.
This workshop is suitable for researchers involved in nuclear medicine studies, and any researchers, students, and members of staff who would like to find out more about this area.
- 13.00 – 13.10 Welcome and Introductions
- 13.10 – 13.30 Introduction to radiation and production of PET radiotracers (cyclotron)
- 13.30 – 13.50 Production of radiotracers (generator) – radiopharmacy
- 13.50 – 14.05 Peculiarities of radiopharmaceuticals and consequences for clinical studies
- 14.05 – 14.15 Q&A
- 14.15 – 14.30 Break
- 14.30 – 15.15 Administration and imaging of patients in nuclear medicine
- 15.15 – 15.35 Legislation and regulation around nuclear medicine
- 15.35 – 15.45 Questions
- 15.45 – 16.00 Wrap up
- Dr Maite Jauregui-Osoro, NCITA Imaging QA/QC Manager (Imperial College London)
- Dr Jennifer Young, Research Associate in Translational Radiopharmacy, NCITA Imaging QA/QC unit (King’s College London)
- Edith Gallagher, Research PET/CT Technologist, NCITA Imaging QA/QC unit (University of Oxford)
- Dr Daniel McGowan, Principal Clinical Scientist (University of Oxford)
Please visit Eventbrite for more details and to register for this event.